I have dedicated myself to another round of training, but this time it is for a marathon. This time around has been much easier, and I am having more fun. I think this is partly due to the fact that I was not quite committed to running a marathon or half this year, but when I went to the second Saturday morning run I decided to just go out and run with the marathon group and see what happened. I ran into a couple of girls--Sarah and Rachael--and asked if they minded my tagging along. They were strong runners, and I really enjoyed their pace. After that, I allowed Ashley to talk me into running the San Antonio marathon. I then started making several new friends in the running group, and nearly have a different person to run with each day. Plus, I am really thrilled about the hill workouts that we have been doing on Monday evenings. (We meet at 11th and Riverside at 5:45PM if anyone is interested!)
Speaking of new friends, I am really excited about the strong, fast runners that I have met. I love the fact that they push me to try even harder. It might kill me as I run, but I know it is making me stronger and faster. Thanks to Paul, Andy, Dustin, Dustin, Sarah, and Dave for constantly pushing me.
Now I am excited about the training. I am trying to fill the in between time with a half marathon so I can be prepared for the full. I am also excited because my friend Stephanie, whom I could never find at OKC half, is running the same half and full as I am in the fall. We are determined to make sure we see each other this time.
I felt special today as I was running along the river trail. I had to run early so I missed running with the group, but I passed them as I was coming back. Brian hollered, "Hi, Kace. How are you?" It felt really good to be recognized. I wasn't sure if I would be seen as just another runner amongst the sea, or if I would be "special" enough to be remembered. Apparently, I am special! :) It may seem small to some of you, but to me it is a big deal. Hearing another runner holler my name in passing is really cool. I do not feel like just one of the people I pass and slightly nod or wave to. I feel like a runner that actually knows other runners, and can meet those people in places and call each other by name. It is a great feeling.
I was long overdue on writing an update, so this is a short, sweet write up. Enjoy. Hopefully, I will have more to write about as the training continues!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment