Sunday, September 20, 2009

No more complaints


I recently had people (Brian) complaining that I had not updated my blog in a while. So, here you go.

Yesterday I ran the Ladies First 5k. I won 2nd in my age group and was the 15th female finisher. I had a lousy time, though. I finished in 25:44. I haven't had that bad of a 5k time since the first one I ever ran. I was huffing and puffing and passing all sorts of people. I thought I had done really well. I am going to blame it on the fact that I ran 6 miles yesterday morning, and that I didn't run any this past week. At least I can justify it that way.
I am really gonna have to hit it hard this week. The Spirit of Survival half-marathon is October 4th. I hope to keep my 2 hour mark. Considering it is supposed to be pretty hilly, though, I will allow some leeway. I am excited about this race. Mom and C.J. are running the 5k, so they will be able to cheer me in when they are done. And the scenery should be quite pleasant. Rolling hills, animals roaming the range freely, nature all around....doesn't get any better than that. I will let everyone know how that race goes.
For now, I am going to end. I guess this is why I haven't posted lately. I haven't had exciting running news. I'll try to dredge up something for the next post.

3 comments:

  1. You did awesome on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to hearing how you did and what you thought about the Spirit of Survival.

    ReplyDelete