It is time to make more updates! I ran in the Spirit of Survival Holy Half-Marathon. What an interesting run. I am positive that I ran uphill the whole time both ways (it was an out and back). There were some really big hills with several of them being at a gradual incline. So, not only did you have to run up a hill, you had to run up a hill that covered what seemed like miles of road. And when you weren't running up a hill you were running on a banked turn so in theory you were still running on an incline. The atmosphere of the race was nice. There were only about 300 people that ran the race. It was nice and small. No elbowing my way through a crowd. Everyone had plenty of room to spread out and run. The one major complaint I had was that traffic was still allowed on the road we were running on. So, periodically we would all have to switch to either the right or left lane to allow traffic through. I really wish they would have rerouted them. The temp was in the low 50s and it was a constant drizzle throughout the race. At one point we ran past Mt. Scott, and you couldn't see the top b/c the clouds were hanging down so low. I was surprised that I finished in under 2 hours (only slightly 1:59:14) considering the weather and hill conditions. I might try it again at some point. It is worth going and running when there aren't clouds so I can see the scenery.
Next up, I ran the Tulsa Run. This was my first time to even run a 15k so I had no time goal in mind. I did relatively well, I thought. I finished in 1:14:59. It was a really fun run. I enjoyed it the whole time. I kept a fast pace (8:03) throughout the race, and never felt winded or tired (except at the end). Plus, the race was held on my favorite holiday! And we got quite a selection of candy bars at the finish line. Not that candy was my first thought at the finish, but it was really nice for later. I was excited to recognize so many faces. It was like a runner's reunion at the finish line. Can't wait for next year!
Lastly, Ashley, Kelly, Ashley's aunt (don't remember her name), Megan, and I ran the Route 66 Marathon Relay. None of us were real thrilled to run the full or even the half so we all decided to get together and do the relay so we could at least have some part in the race. We did really well. Overall we finished in 4:01:54. I was the third leg of 7.75 miles. I ran it in 1:02:27. Once again, I was pretty happy with my leg time. The portion that I ran was actually not too bad. I might have actually enjoyed running at least the half marathon. If they keep this same course for next year, I might run the half. The weather was wonderful. Sunny as could be. I was able to run in shorts, tank, and jacket. I got warm at one point, but once I hit Riverside there was a bit of a breeze so I was thankful I had my jacket.
Now, on to my next venture this weekend. My first full MARATHON!!! I hope it goes well. I also hope it doesn't take me a couple months to finally blog about it. Wish me luck! See you once I get back, Lord willing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment